15th Annual Gathering of the Wall Street Economic Summit
The Rainbow PUSH Wall Street Project hosted their 15th annual gathering of the Wall Street Economic Summit, January 25 – 27th at the Sheraton Hotel & Towers in New York City. This year’s summit theme was, “Bringing Everyone to the Table” which focused on access to capital, industry and technology for American families and businesses facing economic adjustments.
The Rainbow PUSH Coalition is a progressive organization protecting, defending and expanding civil rights to improve economic and educational opportunity. Founded by one of America’s foremost civil rights, religious, and political figures, Reverend Jesse L. Jackson Sr., the summit unites many of the nations preeminent leaders in various professions to discuss economic, social justice, and community issues which concern men and women of diverse cultures.
Highlights of the three-day summit included:
- Wall Street Project Career Development, Retraining, and Retooling Panel and Breakout Sessions: Highlights of empowering tools, resources and insights on the new dynamics of how Americans are going to work in the future.
- Equity and Ownership in the Media: An Overview of the Current State of the Telecommunications Industry.
- Small Business Institute: The Small Business Association and leading business leaders outlines how to maintain your business in this economy.
- Youth Summit: Wells Fargo sponsors an interactive panel to help students understand the financial basics and smart money management. As well as a Macy’s sponsors a panel on key strategic business areas to discuss the business behind the business of retail.
- Minister’s Roundtable: Discussion on home and church foreclosures, jobs, prison population, and student debt – what are the solutions?
- Legislator Talk: Notable legislators discuss how their respective states are dealing with the current fragile economy and share insights on promising solutions for the vast economic disparities.
- Women’s Luncheon: highlights outstanding women who are leading the way.
- 15th Annual Gala Scholarship Fundraiser Reception
The entire summit was very informative and involved engaging conversation from all the attendees. Hope you will be able to register for next year’s event!
Here are some pictures captured from the Wall Street Economic Summit:
Award Reception “Movers and Shakers” Reception Co-Hosted with NV Magazine: Honored Michael J. Coops, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Bill Koenigsberg, President, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Horizon Media and Chairman of the 4A’s Media Policy.
Occupy Hip Hop New York
Chuck Creekmur, Chief Executive Officer, AllHipHop.com
Panelists Included: Manny ‘Maddog’ Ayala, Coast @ Coast Mixtapes/Hip Hop Union; Robert Celestin, Entertainment Attorney; Lenny ‘Alize” Jones, Hey Young World; “Doctor” Bob Lee, WBLS Radio Personality and Community Affairs Director; Corey “CL” Llewellyn, Digiwaxx Media; Master P, No Limit Forever (invited); Adam Clayton Powell IV, Politician/Activist; and Rob Wilson, Blazer Capital Management
Event Sponsors include: Allstate Insurance Company, American Express Company, Atlanta Life, Bank of America, Bank of New York Mellon, The Boeing Company, Citi, CBS Entertainment, The Coca Cola Company, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Home Depot, IVY Planning Group, Macy’s, Inc., Mercedes Benz, Nielsen Company, PepsiCo, Shell Oil Company, Toyota, Wells Fargo and Williams Capital.
For More Information, visit: www.rainbowpush.org
Posted on January 28, 2012, in Empowerment, People Making Moves, Preeminent Leaders, Uncategorized and tagged economic disparities, People Making Moves, rainbow push coalition, rainbow push wall street project, small business association, Wall Street. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment